Y3hoo™

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Gaul dan Informasi

INFO UNTUK ANDA

Y3hoo Ada di Facebook

Share Y3hoo ke Twitter

Follow Me

Image hosted by servimg.com

Y3hoo Mailing List

Enter Your Email Address:

Latest topics

» Apa Itu Dejavu
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:23 am by y3hoo

» Tentang Tisu Magic
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:29 am by jakarta

» Ini 5 Tata Cara Makan Gaya China yang Penting Ditaati
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:37 am by jakarta

» Cara Mengetahui IP address Internet
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:31 am by alia

» Angleng dan Wajit
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:40 am by jakarta

» Penginapan-penginapan Unik dan Recommended di Cikole, Lembang
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am by flade

» Tips Bercinta dari Wanita yang Sudah Survei ke Lebih dari 10 Ribu Pria
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pm by flade

» Cara Menghilangkan Activate Windows 10
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:08 pm by y3hoo

» Selamat Hari Raya Idul fitri 1439 H /2018 M
U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am by y3hoo

IKLAN ANDA

U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry

y3hoo
    y3hoo

U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Empty U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry

Post  y3hoo Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:23 pm

U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry

U.A.E. Halts Plan to Ban BlackBerry Blackberry8800qd0

HONG KONG Y3HOO — The United Arab Emirates, one of several countries that have threatened to suspend services for the Blackberry smartphones this year, on Friday backed away from a ban that was to have come into effect on Monday, after reaching an agreement with the popular messaging devices’ manufacturer, Research In Motion.

The U.A.E. telecommunications regulator said BlackBerry services were now “compliant with the U.A.E.’s telecommunications regulatory framework,” and that all BlackBerry services would continue to operate as normal beyond Monday.

It was not clear what, if any, concessions, R.I.M. had made to avert the bans. A representative for R.I.M. in Britain could not be reached immediately for comment on Friday. But the U.A.E. telecommunications authority said that R.I.M., which is based in Canada and is one of the world’s largest makers of smartphones, had shown “positive engagement” in reaching a compromise.

One analyst said the announcement meant that RIM had either consented to share encryption data with U.A.E. officials, which it had previously said was impossible to do, or that U.A.E. regulators had relented, wary of the economic impact of losing Blackberry service in the Emirates.

“Either the U.A.E. allowed RIM to provide the same services, realizing the threats from BlackBerry services are extremely limited, or they have come to some sort of technical agreement — the most likely outcome — where RIM would allow the U.A.E. government to have limited access to BlackBerry data by providing an encryption key in extreme circumstances,” said Shardul Schrimani, an analyst in London at IHS Global Insight, a research firm.

If the ban had been imposed, U.A.E. businesses would have instigated a major backlash against the government, Mr. Schrimani said in an interview.

The U.A.E., home to the key financial and air transport hub of Dubai, in August had cited security concerns as a reason for threatening a ban on BlackBerry e-mail and Web-browsing services.

Governments in Saudi Arabia and India earlier this year expressed security concerns about R.I.M.’s reluctance to provide them with access to its encrypted e-mail traffic — an information flow that R.I.M., whose success in corporate e-mail is largely built on the security features of its delivery system itself, claims to have no way of decoding.

The Saudi government later lifted the threat of a ban, while the authorities in India, one of R.I.M.’s fastest-growing markets, in late August said they would study for two months a proposal by the company to facilitate some access to messages by the Indian law enforcement agencies.

Kevin J. O’Brien contributed reporting from Berlin.

Waktu sekarang Fri May 17, 2024 6:05 pm